- Floorplans – to find Collection areas in the Library.
- Connect to WiFi – help setting up a connection on your device.
- Borrow & renew books, return books, fetch service
- Pay fines – on overdue books.
- Copying, printing and scanning – self-service in the Library.
- Document Supply Service – provided by Library staff to readers.
- Digitisation Studio – a commercial service for small to medium sized projects.
- Free notebook & iPad loans – available within the LIbrary.
- Rent a private study carrel
- Training, induction sessions – for school groups and individuals.
- Hire a venue – for a book launch, meeting, conference.
- Tell us what you think – share feedback about our services.
New to the Library?
News and events
Incorporating items from the Library’s impressive paranormal holdings, events include: Geraldine Beskin on Helen Duncan (prosecuted in 1944 under the Witchcraft Act), Michael Coffey’s live recreation of a fraudulent séance, Sarah Sparkes on artistic responses to our paranormal holdings, and a guided walk by author Scott Wood to sites of spiritualist and occult interest.
How do ideas transform from the intellect and imagination into the physical world?
This exhibition explores how early printed books and objects used the image to generate new visual forms. As the new optics and scientific instruments transcended the limits of the naked eye, artists used these tools to manifest their ideas – transforming our perception from reader to spectator, and providing an understanding of visual culture.